Me and the boy have been living in our new flat now for about a month and about 2 months ago I agreed to recover an old chair that we had got from his parents. It was in a bit of a poor state - the fabric was all faded and grubby and the lining fabric was ripped and broken. I decided to use some fabric that I originally bought to use in my collection but then decided against it.
It now gorgeous blue needle-cord with tiny black polka dots and looks so much better. The actual frame of the chair still needs some attention - we are going to paint it a lovely glossy black to match but at the moment it will do!
I found it trickier than I thought I would to recover the chair which was probably due to the fact that I unpicked it all and then forgot how it went back together! However after a few ripped seams, swear words and pin stabbed fingers I worked it out!!
here are the before and after shots