I have decided that I really don't like summer. I hate it when it is too hot to wear anything except a bikini. I hate it that I have to load up on sun cream - I would probably burn by just peeking out of my front door. I hate that you can't enjoy a nice walk in the park without being eaten alive by midges and wasps. I love the idea of summer, all the pretty dresses, ice creams on the beach and lazing with a Pimms but it never works out so idyllically.
I much prefer Spring or Autumn. You can layer gorgeous textured knits over pretty blouses with skirts and woolly tights. The colours of Autumn always appeal to me too - maroon, mustard, ivy green and rusty orange. Over the next few days I am going to put together my favourite pieces for the new season, not that I have enough money to buy all these things but I can dream!
Today is maroon day!
1. There is nothing better than a peter pan collar and then mix that with maroon and lace it is pretty much unstoppable!
2. I have been looking for a new cosy knit cardigan that will go with anything and this one from New Look is perfect to throw over pretty dresses to keep snuggly.
3. I couldn't believe my eyes when I found this jacket by Goldie. It is gorgeous and sheer and would look good worn on its own as a shirt.
4. At 5'3" I shouldn't really be looking at maxi skirts as they will only make me look even shorter but I love the easy feel of them. This one would be perfect to match with all the other autumnal tones of next season.
5. I love the androgyny a pair of brogues makes to an outfit and these ones with block heels would be a perfect daytime comfy shoe
Over the next week or so I will choose all my other autumnal favourites!
What do you think of Summer? Do you enjoy the heat or prefer cooler weather?