If you follow me on Instagram you may have seen a preview of these tasty Scones already, if not here is a picture of the yumminess!
The recipe is a pretty simple standard Scone recipe with some added extras :)
220g Plain Flour
1 1/2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
Pinch of Salt
75g Butter - Chopped
2 Tablespoons Crystalised Ginger - Chopped
10 Dried Apricots - Chopped
4 Tablespoons Honey
Handful of Sunflower Seeds
1. Heat the oven to 200oC and lightly grease a baking sheet
2. Sieve together the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar in a large bowl
3. Add the butter and rub with your fingertips until the mixture looks like fine breadcrumbs
4. Stir in the ginger, apricots and honey
5. Add the milk a bit at a time until a soft dough forms. You may not need all the milk!
6. Tip the dough on to a lightly floured surface and gentle knead until the dough is smooth.
7. To shape the scones you can either cut them out with cutters or cut into wedges
8. Place the scones on the baking sheet, brush with a little more milk and sprinkle with the sunflower seeds
9. Cook in the oven for 10-15mins until golden brown
10. When cooked, leave on a cooling rack
The scones are delicious hot or cold and taste great spread with butter, or if you are feeling more extravagant with jam and cream!
What do you think of my recipe? Let me know if you give it a try!