Now I love baking. I have an addiction to baking books and have all manner of cake tins, moulds and cutters for making pretty much any baked good possible. However recently I just have not had the patience to make any treats. I think it is more the hassle of the washing up that puts me off - I must train the boy better...
Anywho I decided yesterday that I really wanted something crispy and crunchy to have with my Cappacino so I just had to make some Biscotti. I chose the Chocolate and Orange Biscotti by Paul Hollywood however I adapted it ever so slightly :)
Chocolate and Orange Biscotti
250g Plain Flour
1/2 tsp Baking Powder
250g Caster Sugar
3 Beaten Eggs
50g Dark Chocolate - Melted
50g Dark Chocolate - Roughly Chopped
35g Almonds - Roughly Chopped
Zest of 1 Orange
1. Preheat the oven to 160oC.
2. Combine the flour, baking powder and sugar in a bowl and gradually add the eggs to make a dough
3. Mix in the melted chocolate and then add the rest of the ingredients
4. Turn out onto a well floured surface and gently knead - I had to add quite a lot of flour at this stage as the dough was so sticky!
5. Shape into a log shape and place on a lined baking tray
6. Bake for 20-25 mins. Cool slightly and then cut into 1-2cm wide slices.
7. Place back on the baking try and bake for another 10 mins, turn over and bake for a further 10 mins until golden brown.
8. Cool on a wire rack.