Finally I been able to finish this really simple and crazily cheap DIY. As you all know by now I have a little bit of an obsession with Succulents and whilst repotting them last week I had one little one left over without a pot. I wanted to create something a bit different and decided to create a really retro knotted plant holder.
All you need is a clean jam jar, some string, spray paint of your choice and a lovely little succulent!
1. First step is to spray paint your jar - I did 3 thin coats.
2. Cut 8 lengths of string around 75cm long
3. Knot them all together at one end
4 & 5. Separate the strings into 4 groups of 2 and knot them together as above
6. Separate the strands and knot them as shown above
7. Bring the top spare string over to the bottom spare string and not together. Repeat the above steps until they cover your jar
8. Pop your holder on your jar and knot all 8 strings together around 15cm above your last set of knots
9. Pot up your little succulent in the jar and pop him in the holder
I hope that makes sense! It is really easy when you start knotting them.
What do you think?